Fidel Castro: trilingüe?


Cuando Fidel Castro era un púber, se animó a escribirle al presidente gringo Franklin Roosevelt (el mismo que dio el sí a la Srta. Bomba Atómica):

Colegio de Dolores
Apartado 1
Santiago de Cuba

Nov 6, 1946
Mr. Franklin Roosvelt,

President of the United States
My good friend Roosvelt:

I don't know very English, but I know as much as write to you. I like to hear the radio, and I am very happy because I heard in it that you will be President for a new (período)

I am twelve years old. I am a boy but I think very much but I do not think that I am writing to the President of the United States.

If you like, give me a ten dollars bill green american, in the letter, because never I have not seen a ten dollars bill green american and I would like to have one of them.

My address is:
Sr. Fidel Castro
Colegio de Dolores
Santiago de Cuba
Oriente, Cuba.

I don't know very English but I know very much Spanish and I suppose you don't know very Spanish but you know very English because you are American but I am not American.

Thanks you very much.
Good by, Your friend,
Fidel Castro
He added a postscript:
"If you want iron to make your ships I will show you to you the bigest (minas) of iron of the land. They are in Mayarí, Oriente, Cuba."

Cuando era chico, Fidel Castro escribió esta cartita a Roosevelt, el presidente gringo. Ya de chiquitito el Fidel, con la picardía del latinoamericano pícaro, le pide un billete de 10 dólares pa "cachar cómo son".

Es una buena alternativa ser cabro chico y pedirle a alguien que te mande unas 5 lucas pa cachar como son, suena interesante. Para el buen colmo, le ofrece unos recursos naturales de la isla para construir una armada.

Lo más interesante es la parte donde justifica el broken English o inglés champurriado:
I don't know very English but I know very much Spanish and I suppose you don't know very Spanish but you know very English because you are American but I am not American.
Tá cagado Roosevelt por que el cabro chico sabe inglés y el que es presidente no cacha español (hecho que habría que comprobar).

Suponiendo que un pendejo gringo que sabe español mandara la carta a un Chileno acaudalado como Piñera o los Matte, la traducción sería así:

Yo no puede hablar Español pero yo puede hablar English muy mucho; Yo supone que tú no puedes hablar English, pero tú sabes mucho Español, porque eres Chileno pero yo no soy Chileno.
En fin...

Etiquetas: